Fish and More Fish!!

Fish and More Fish!!
Sea Bass & Fish Tray Bake

Thursday 3 November 2011

OMG...I did it in 30 Minutes!! Oh..forgot dessert!

This was a meal that I was really looking forward to cooking.  Pizza with "3 Delish Salads", Squashed Cherries and Vanilla Mascarpone Cream.

I started early and just took my time putting this meal together and to my surprise, I had the pizza and the salads on the table in 30 minutes!  While I was jumping for joy, I then realised that I hadn't made the dessert and now dinner was ready 30 minutes early....oh schnauzer.

I actually went out and bought the ridiculously expensive "Buffalo Mozzarella", but only purchased a very small amount to keep the cost under $10.  It was nice, but I don't really understand what the big deal is about this cheese.  Give me a good Goats Cheese or Danish Feta any day and at least I won't be breaking the bank to buy it!

Anyways, baking a pizza in a frypan and grill was definitely a different style of cooking this family favourite and it certainly gave a hard and crispy base, but I'm not sure that I will be jumping to make it this way again.  My method of using Lebanese bread for a quick pizza base or making the dough from scratch and cooking in the oven cover both quick meal and dinner party meal boxes for me. 

The salads were very quick to make and very nice to have along with the Pizza.  The dessert was not really necessary and the idea of getting a bowl of ice and throwing cherries on top seemed a little stupid to me.  So I just served some fruit with a Mascarpone mix and a couple of biscuits, close enough..

PS..Thank you to my wonderful Hubby for the great photography work on my meals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment